Fandango is a great tried and tested broad spectrum barley fungicide which helps you to produce high yielding, healthy barley crops in a simple, cost effective way.
(active ingredients: prothioconazole + fluoxastrobin)
When to use Fandango:
Fandango can be used at T1 and T2 in both winter and spring barley or it makes the perfect programme partner for SiltraXpro (prothioconazole + bixafen). When using a split programme then Fandango is the product of choice at T2 in winter barley and T1 in spring barley.
How to use Fandango:
In Winter Barley
- T1 - 1.0 L/ha Fandango for protection against all major barley diseases. This is the most responsive timing for winter barley crops as final yield is determined by tiller survival so in higher yield potential situations consider upgrading to SiltraXpro
- T2 - 0.75 L/ha Fandango for foliar top up. Where Ramularia is a potential issue include 1.0 L/ha CTL. Where net blotch is the target of the spray increase the rate of Fandango to 1.0 L/ha.
In Spring Barley
- T1 - 0.75 L/ha Fandango to keep crops clean from all major barley diseases until the more important T2 timing
- T2 - 0.5 - 0.75 L/ha Fandango for protection from Rhynchosporium and brown rust control, if Ramularia is the focus of the spray then use the higher rate and include 1.0 L/ha CTL. This is the most responsive timing for spring barley so in higher yield potential situations, or in areas with a longer growing season consider upgrading to SiltraXpro
- Single Spray - 0.75 - 1.25 L/ha Fandango, although SiltraXpro should be the product of choice in single spray situations
Benefits of Fandango:
Delivers the benefits of prothioconazole, the cornerstone of barley disease control, in a cost-effective, simple to use one can solution. Provides control of all major barley diseases. Has been shown to out perform epoxiconazole + fluxapyroxad mixtures in some situations. Fully accepted by MAGB and BBPA for use in malting crops.