Weed control in fodder beet with Betanal maxxPro
Betanal MaxxPro sets a new benchmark for weed control, outstanding crop safety and maximum convenience with its advanced patented oil dispersion (OD) formulation incorporating Bayer CropScience’s patented Double-A technology
Key features include:
- Enhanced and highly consistent control of a wide weed spectrum.
- Optimised spreading and coverage for class-leading weed control.
- Fast and reliable uptake for rapid action.
- Wide window of application over a range of weed growth stages.
- Flexible use in a range of water volumes.
- Top class yields and return on investment for the grower.
- Excellent crop safety.
|Active substance||Desmedipham 47g/L, ethofumesate 75g/L, lenacil 27g/L, phenmedipham 60g/L|
|Formulation||Oil dispersion (OD)|
|crops||Sugar beet, fodder beet and mangels|
|maximum individual dose||1.5 L/ha|
|maximum individual dose||4.5 L/ha|
|latest time of application||Before crop meets between the rows|
|water volume||80 – 200 L/ha|
|Local Environmental Risk Assessment for Pesticides (LERAP)||none|
What to do
- Always apply as a FINE quality spray in a water volume of 80-200 L/ha.
- Avoid spray drift onto non-crop plants outside areas being sprayed. The risk of drift is greater when a fine quality spray is used
Dose rates and timings.
Minimum crop stage / recommended dose rate (L/kg/ha)
Trigger weed species for partner product
From fully expanded
From 2 true leaves
|Betanal maxxPro alone||1.25||1.5||
Broad-spectrum broadleaved weed control + annual meadow-grass
Betanal maxxPro + metamitron
|1.25 +1.0||1.25/1/5 + 1.0||
Mayweeds, annual meadow-grass, knotgrass, fat-hen, field pansy, small nettle, volunteer oilseed rape
Betanal maxxPro + clopyralid
Betanal maxxPro may be used in sequence with a pre-emergence application of a chloridazon based herbicide at the recommended dose rate for the soil type.
Weed spectrum controlled:
|Annual meadow-grass||Corn marigold||Knotweed|
|Black nightshade||Crane's-bill||Pale persicaria|
|Cleavers||Field penny-cress||Scarlet pimpernel|
|Common chickweed||Groundsel||Small nettle|
|Common field speedwell||Henbit dead nettle||Volunteer oliseed rape|
|Common fumitory||Ivy-leaved speedwell||Wild radish|
AA advanced formulation technology
- Optimises spreading and coverage.
- Ensures even distribution of the active substance with fast, reliable uptake.
- Optimised adjuvant system in the OD formulation makes the addition of further oil or adjuvant unnecessary
AA Activation technology.
- Micro rate of lenacil significantly enhances herbicidal performance of the active substances.
- Leads to accelarated and enhanced weed control.