(active ingredients: prothioconazole + bixafen)
When you want to push your barley crop to the limit for yield and quality premiums, Siltra Xpro is the fungicide of choice.
When to use SiltraXpro:
SiltraXpro can be used at both T1 and T2 in winter and spring barley crops, or makes a perfect programme partner for Fandango (prothioconazole + fluoxastrobin). When using as a split programme then SiltraXpro delivers most for your crop at T1 in winter barley and T2 in spring barley
How to use SiltraXpro:
In Winter Barley:
- T1 - 0.6 - 0.8 L/ha SiltraXpro for control of all major barley diseases. In winter barley this is the most responsive time for fungicide applications as final yield is driven by tiller survival so if you only plan to use SiltraXpro once in your programme this is the timing to do so
- T2 - 0.4 - 0.6 L/ha SiltraXpro in high yield potential situations, or if you are faced with high late season disease pressure, especially net blotch or Ramularia. Use higher rates where the growing season is longer eg in Scotland
In Spring Barley:
- T1 - 0.4 L/ha SiltraXpro in high yield potential situations where soil moisture is less of a limiting factor, soils are particularly fertile or where early season disease pressure is high
- T2 - 0.4 - 0.8 L/ha SiltraXpro for higher yielding crops or where late season disease pressure is high. Use higher rates for high pressure Ramularia sites where the growing season is extended eg Scotland
- Single Spray - 0.6 - 1.0 L/ha SiltraXpro will give best results due to its superior curative disease control and longer lasting activity. Dose rate is dependent upon disease pressure, variety and location
Benefits of SiltraXpro:
It combines the best azole for barley disease control, prothioconazole, with new generation SDHI bixafen to form the new standard for Rhynchosporium, net blotch, brown rust and Ramularia control. SiltraXpro delivers exceptional crop health and crop greening benefits for optimum grain quality, it is fully accepted by MAGB and the BBPA for use on malting crops.