You can also find labels, MSDS, tank-mixes and other key documents for all our products using our document searchDocument store
(Active substances: flufenacet and diflufenican)
Liberator is widely recognised as the standard pre-emergence herbicide for early control of grass-weeds and broad-leaved weeds in winter wheat and winter barley. It should form a key part of your anti-resistance strategy and, used in a programme with Atlantis WG (mesosulfuron-methyl and iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium), will provide robust control of black-grass in winter wheat.
Controlling grass-weeds before applying a post-emergence herbicide - such as Atlantis WG in winter wheat - cuts down dramatically the number of weeds that the post-emergence product has to deal with. This reduces the potential to select for resistant individuals. Liberator provides unrivalled pre-emergence control of grass-weeds and black-grass.
- Safe with all varieties of winter wheat and winter barley
- Clean, user-friendly, white formulation with low, inoffensive odour
- Low product and active dose rate
- Reliable residual control even in dry autumn conditions
- Winter oilseed rape, winter wheat, winter barley, winter leaf brassicas and winter field beans may be drilled the following autumn
- Sugar beet, spring wheat, spring barley, potatoes, spring oilseed rape, peas, spring field beans, edible brassicas and onions may be drilled the following spring
Getting the best from Liberator
We recommend that you apply Liberator pre-emergence, typically within 10 days of drilling. When treating pre-emergence, seed should be covered with a minimum of 32mm of settled soil. Good weed control depends on burying any trash or straw before, or during, seedbed preparation. Seedbeds must have a firm, fine tilth.
If early spraying for black-grass and rye-grass in winter wheat has been delayed, tank-mix Liberator with Atlantis WG and biopower and apply in the autumn when black-grass is at the one to three-leaf stage.
Important things to remember
- Always follow WRAG (Weed Resistance Action Group) guidelines for preventing and managing herbicide resistant weed
- Typical levels of black-grass control provided by a pre-emergence application of Liberator range from 60 to 80%
- Optimising the control of grass-weeds prior to post-emergence treatment dramatically reduces the population
- Do not use Liberator as a stand-alone treatment for black-grass control. Use in a tank-mix or sequences with effective herbicides with other modes of action
- Do not use Liberator as the sole means of controlling grass-weeds and broad-leaved weeds in successive crops
Liberator as part of a programme
Liberator should be used as part of a programme. For the treatment of black-grass and rye-grass in winter wheat it can be followed by a tank-mix of Atlantis WG and pendimethalin, along with our adjuvant biopower. It should be applied early in the autumn to small, actively-growing weeds,
For the treatment of bromes, it can be followed by Pacifica and biopower in the spring (after 1stFebruary), up to the early tillering of the brome. For winter barley, Liberator can also be used in a programme with a pinoxaden-based product in the early autumn.
In situations where further residual control is required you may use ‘stacking’ - tank-mixing additional products including:
- FPU (only on winter wheat)
- Prosulfocarb (only on winter wheat)
See the tank mix for further information.
Liberator Product Summary
|Active substances (concentration)||Flufenacet (400g/L) + diflufenican (100g/L)|
|Mode of action||Flufenacet: Inhibition of cell division
HRAC Resistance Group K3
Diflufenican: Inhibition of carotenoid synthesis (bleacher)
HRAC Resistance Group F1
|Formulation||SC (Suspension Concentrate) - off white in colour|
|Crops||All varieties of winter wheat and winter barley|
|Label application rate and maximum individual dose||0.6 L/ha|
|Active delivered at 0.6 L/ha||240g/ha flufenacet + 60g/ha diflufenican|
|Maximum number of treatments||Two per crop|
|Latest time of application||
Winter wheat: Pre-emergence to before GS 23
For latest calendar dates see label.
|Pack size||5 L