Building on the proven technology of Atlantis WG, Pacifica is our most effective spring herbicide for use in winter wheat. Its more robust formulation means that it treats a broader spectrum of grass-weeds, providing outstanding control of brome.
(Active substances: mesosulfuron-methyl and iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium)
Building on the proven technology of Atlantis WG, Pacifica is our most effective spring herbicide for use in winter wheat. Its more robust formulation means that it treats a broader spectrum of grass-weeds; providing outstanding control of brome.
Pacifica allows a wider range of grass-weeds to be treated and provides useful control of broad-leaved weeds in the spring. It can be used flexibly at one of two rates depending on the target weeds. It provides a solution for tough and complex weed problems and can be used over a wide application window.
Watch this short video to find out more about controling rye-grass and bromes.
- Most effective spring herbicide for controlling mixed grasses and brome in winter wheat
- Can be used flexibly depending on the weeds treated
- Pacifica can be tank-mixed with Chekker or Eagle to provide additional control of broad-leaved weeds and cleavers
- Can be applied across a wide application window from the beginning of February to the end of April
- Winter oilseed rape (after ploughing), winter wheat and winter barley may be drilled the following autumn
- Sugar beet, spring wheat, and spring barley may be drilled the following spring
Getting the best from Pacifica
To get the best out of Pacifica, we recommend that you use it on small, actively-growing weeds and in a programme following a residual herbicide. It should always be used with an adjuvant such as Bayer’s biopower. It is also important to avoid complicated tank-mixes.
Important things to remember
- Always use as part of a programme
- Don’t use alongside chlorpyrifos as this may result in crop damage
- Pay close attention to application including: water volume, spray (fine to medium), boom height and always aim for good weed coverage
- The only ALS herbicides that can be used in sequence or tank-mixed with Pacifica (mesosulfuron-methyl and iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium) are Chekker (iodosulfuron and amidosulfuron) or Eagle (amidosulfuron)
- The best solution to black-grass is early treatment in the autumn using a pre-emergence residual treatment such as Liberator (flufenacet and diflufenican) and our most effective black-grass product Atlantis WG (mesosulfuron-methyl and iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium)
Pacifica as part of a programme
We advise you to always use Pacifica as part of a programme. It should be used in conjunction with an autumn residual such as Liberator.
Pacifica Product Summary
|Active substances||mesosulfuron 30g/kg + iodosulfuron 10g/kg|
|Formulation||Water dispersible granule (WG)|
|Mode of action||ALS-inhibitor - contact and residual activity|
|Recommended crops||Winter wheat (all varieties)|
|Maximum application rate||500g product / ha|
|Maximum total dose||500g product / ha|
|Maximum number of treatments||One per crop|
|Application window||From 1st February to 30th April|
|Adjuvant requirement||biopower at 0.5% spray volume (1 L in 200 L spray volume)|
|Rainfastness||2 hrs for a dry leaf surface|