- What is Hamlet and why should I use it instead of Atlantis WG?
- How soon should you apply Hamlet?
- Can Hamlet be used to treat resistant black-grass?
- Should Hamlet be applied with a residual partner?
- Best Nozzles to use for Hamlet
- When to use Hamlet for black-grass control?
- How to use Hamlet?
- Why use Hamlet for grassweed control?
Over several years’ trials, Bayer has found that Hamlet delivers the best control when applied to black-grass at 1-3 true leaves following a pre-em stack based on Liberator. Good control can be achieved with sprays throughout autumn and winter provided the target plant is small and spray conditions suitable.
Hitting black-grass and other grassweeds when the plant is still small is the key to success. Many populations have some degree of enhanced metabolism resistance – the ability to detoxify herbicides before they take effect so it’s much easier to overwhelm the defences of smaller plants. In short, hit them hard and hit them early with Hamlet.