How to keep crops on track in April in Scotland
Crops were looking well as we approached the end of March. A good spell of weather with warmish days, albeit with a few frosts, has allowed growers to crack on with field work.
A lot of ploughing has been completed, oilseed rape crops are moving quickly, while fertiliser has been applied to wheat and barley.
Grant's agronomy tips for April
- Finish weed control catch up sprays in cereals
- Assess need for early disease
- Disease plants to time T1 sprays
- Watch for winter barley rushing through growth stages
- Invest in good potential oilseed rape crops