6 agronomy tips as crop reach an important month in their development in Scotland
Crops are looking pretty good after the rain in May. We have had some warmer days and that made a huge difference to crop growth, after crops picked up nitrogen which had finally been washed in.
Oilseed rape is in flower as we approach the end of May, albeit patchy in some places where there has been pigeon damage.
Grant's agronomy tips for June
- Concentrate on timing for disease sprays in June
- Protect good looking spring barley crops
- Watch out for the emergence on potato crops
- Plan blight programmes
- Consider a second flowering spray in oilseed rape
- Assess the correct timing for oilseed rape desiccation