6 final agronomy jobs to consider in crops in the North this June and July
Plenty of rain in May has washed in the fertiliser, closed all the cracks in the soil, and generally allowed crops to fluff out their feathers and look like cracking crops of wheat and barley.
But we have gone from one extreme to the other with the rain and as we came to the end of May it was very wet.
James's agronomy tips for June
- Finish off T2 flag leaf sprays in wheat
- Maintain protection for as long as possible through to harvest
- Protect good looking spring barley crops
- Plan potato from blight
- Time desiccation correctly in oilseed rape
- Look out for the return of our Cawood Field Day