Disease and weed control advice for northern growers this April
Wheat crops hadn’t quite reached GS30 as we approached the end of March, but it had started the first steps to stem extension, so it won’t be long before we reach T0, and at this time of year crops change quickly.
Last herbicides are going on as growers start to catch up on field work, with nitrogen applications also being made.
James' agronomy tips for March
1. Consider the need for T0 sprays in wheat
2. It's all about timing at T1
3. Base winter barley T1s around prothioconazole
4. Invest in good looking oilseed rape crops
5. Assess tank mix options for pre-emergence weed control in potatoes
6. Go back to basics with sugar weed control