Harvest is product for precision potato flail and spray desiccation pre-harvest.
Note: Growers must use existing stocks of Harvest MAFF 07321 by the end of February 2017
Harvest is a product for potato flail and spray desiccation pre-harvest.
Main desiccation advantages
- Highly effective one pass haulm destruction technique that makes for easy harvesting
- Harvest can be used with the ‘flail & spray’ technique on ware crops
- Improves skin set and avoids regrowth
Getting the best from Harvest
Harvest must be applied as a band or spot application to stems after removal of haulm by flailing. This can be achieved as a single ‘flail and spray’ operation or as a separate desiccant band application after flailing, preferably within 24 hours to prevent re-growth. Flail and spray can be used on ware crops.
For best results maintain a full fungicide programme until desiccation is complete to prevent tuber blight. Allow skins to set if tubers are to be stored and ensure dry, well-ventilated conditions when in store. If re-growth occurs after application and a further desiccation spray is required, switch to an alternative product.
For best desiccation results apply Harvest to stems of approx 15-20 cm no later than 14 days before harvesting the crop.
Important things to remember
- New restrictions apply to product with the new label
- In order to prevent spray drift onto neighbouring crops low-drift nozzles or spray shields must be used
- Do not use on the Kerr’s Pink variety
- Do not spray if rain is imminent or likely within six hours of application
- Avoid applying under exceptionally wet weather conditions (more than 40mm rain within five days prior to desiccation), when the soil is saturated